The first part of a two-part series of our top asked questions about texting!
Our top two Solutions by Text experts, Amanda Payton, General Counsel + Leighann Lindsey, Head of Strategic Accounts went through our most asked questions we get as a top text provider in the industry. To watch the full session – access it here.
This presentation and any related materials are for educational purposes only. Nothing in this presentation is intended to constitute formal legal advice. Any legal questions should be directed to competent, licensed attorney versed in the subject matter presented.
Any specific technical abilities discussed are subject to the capabilities of the relevant text message provider, integration, and/or configuration.
Laws + Regulations FAQs:
1. Is consent legally required before a company can begin texting a recipient?
2. What is an opt-in confirmation message? Is it required?
- Opt-in confirmation message is NOT an opt-in request message
- DOES NOT require the recipient to take any action
- Documents consent via text message
3. In relation to texting, what legal requirements apply to ARM companies?
4. Is there specific language that ARM companies must refrain from using in text messages to avoid carrier blocking?
5. Speaking of blocking, is this still happening? What can be done to avoid it?
6. Can the Model Validation Notice (MVN) be sent via text message?
- You need to make sure that where the model validation notice is falling in your discussion and in your communication cadence with the recipient there is a determination and understanding that there is or is not a signed consent needed before you send the MVN – (SBT is happy to talk through more one off scenario’s with you where this may come up!)
- Should I send it via a link, or would I send it in the body of the text message? That’s comes down to your individual company’s risk tolerance. We’re happy to walk through what your deliverability options are, what we’re seeing in the industry.
- We can tell you the industry is driving towards sending this out via an actual document in the text message, and not utilizing a hyperlink, whereas sending out the many Miranda is acceptable via hyperlink and seems to be more widespread.
7. How should state-specific disclosures be handled via text message?
8. What are the differences between 10DLCs and Short Codes?
Watch part one of the session recap: